Ford Offers Special Rates for Repair of Vehicles Damaged by Floods
Ford Philippines and its network of dealers are responding to the needs of Ford customers by offering special rates on the repair of Ford vehicles that have been damaged by Typhoon Maring’s floodwaters.
“Together with the support of our entire Ford dealer network, we are extending support to our customers who have been affected by the recent typhoon and flooding,” said Margo Delfinado, director, Ford Philippines Customer Service.
From August 20 to October 31, Ford is offering a 20 percent discount to customers with damaged vehicles for parts not covered by their insurance plans, and a 10 percent discount on labor at any authorized Ford dealership.
For insurance-covered repairs, customers will receive a 15 percent discount on parts, as well as the same 10 percent discount on labor.
To be eligible, vehicles must have been purchased from an authorized Ford dealership, and must be received by the dealer between August 20 to October 31. Discounts are not applicable to parts sold over-the-counter and are not convertible to cash.
Motorists whose vehicles have been damaged by water are advised to follow the advice of Ford’s technical and service experts:
- Contact any of Ford’s 32 authorized dealerships to arrange for an inspection and evaluation of the flooded vehicle. More information and contact details can be found at www.ford.com.ph.
- Contact your insurance carrier or agent and promptly report the exposure of your vehicle to water or flood. Have basic information ready such as your name, address, contact numbers (landline/cellular phone), car make and plate number, policy number, and whether policy covers “acts of god.”
- Do not attempt to start a flooded vehicle until thorough inspection and cleaning have been conducted. Try to disconnect battery terminals starting with the negative terminal.
- Take immediate steps to dry the vehicle as much as possible to reduce the time its components are exposed to water.
- Record the highest level of water exposure on the flooded vehicle. This will aid a qualified technician in the evaluation process as well as taking the necessary steps to correct any damage.
Authorized Ford dealerships are located in: Alabang, Balintawak, Commonwealth, Edsa, Global City, Libis, Makati, Manila, Manila Bay and Quezon Avenue. Provincial dealerships are located in Batangas, Bohol, Butuan, Cabanatuan, Cagayan de Oro, Cainta, Cavite, Cebu, Dagupan, Davao, Ilocos Norte, Iloilo, Isabela, Laguna, Lipa, Minglanilla, Negros Occidental, Pampanga, Subic, Naga, Tacloban, Tarlac and Isabela.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
Leave a Reply
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94