9 things to know about the 9th gen Chevy Malibu
More News from Alvin Uy
The Covenant Car Company Inc. (TCCCI) unveiled the all-new 9th generation Chevrolet Malibu top-of-line LTZ variant at the 2018 Manila International Auto Show, and it was quite well-received by the visiting public, judging from the customer inquiries and sales leads generated during the 4-day event last April.
During the muscle car era of the 1960s, the Malibu made its nameplate debut in 1964, and has evolved in size, shape and technology through the years.
It hasn’t changed Chevorlet’s mission, however, in bringing an affordable midsize sedan with a styling that is elegant enough to stand the test of time.
Chevrolet originally branded the Malibu as a premium sedan side by side with the Chevelle. The first generation model, though, soon became a collectible among muscle car enthusiasts.
The second generation model was introduced in 1968, and came in several variants—from 2-door coupés and convertibles, to 4-door sedans and wagons.
The classic coupé, and even the sedan Malibu models would appear in several popular car-themed Hollywood movies, including some of the Fast and Furious sequels.
Fast forward to 2014, TCCCI introduced the the 8th generation Malibu to the Philippine market.
In 2017, the Malibu was named Best Midsize Car in the US News and World Report’s annual Best Cars for Families survey.
In the ninth edition, the lighter, leaner and even longer all-new Malibu promises to deliver more efficiency and ride comfort that’s at par or even better than most of the midsize premium and luxury sedans in the local market now.
Here are nine things to like about the all-new Malibu.
1. Thanks to its powerful 2-liter DOHC VVT turbocharged engine, its first-in-segment engine produces 250 horsepower of output and 353 Nm of torque.
2. Check out another first-in-segment inductive mobile device charger for a technologically-integrated lifestyle.
3. The Malibu LTZ comes with a first-in-segment semi-automatic parallel and perpendicular parking feature.
4. It features smart and safety features like lane keep assist, lane departure warning, front collision alert, front pedestrian detection, forward automatic braking, side blind zone alert, and rear cross traffic alert. That’s safer driving, especially in unpredictable urban traffic.
5. An awesome panoramic sunroof allows its passengers to enjoy the evening or morning sky.
6. Play music using Bose’s 9-speaker premium sound system
7. You’ll appreciate seamless connectivity using Chevrolet’s 8-inch MyLink touchscreen system with smartphone integration, and built-in GPS navigation system.
8. Be impressed with the automatic on and off headlamps with tunnel detection and intellibeam system.
9. Another first-in-segment, the adaptive cruise control allows a safer and more fuel efficient highway driving.