7 rainy day tips to get that hitch-free wedding car
In 2012, Inquirer Motoring featured Robert Bautista and his Don Robert’s Bridal Cars. Bautista and his wedding car rental business shot to fame overnight, thanks to the “mock wedding” of actor-TV hosts Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza at GMA 7’s noontime show “Eat Bulaga” for the phenomenal “Aldub Kalyeserye” episodes.
Bautista has also been the go-to guy for many showbiz transport needs. The Lincoln Limo, which Robert claims is the longest limousine in the country, was used in ABS-CBN’s reality show “Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition 2” and local telenovela “Marimar.” His 1929 Cadillac was featured in the indie film “Rosario” and in the “Budoy” teleserye. His 1932 Studebaker was also seen in “Pinoy Big Brother Season 2” and in the “Trudis Liit” TV soap, and used by Bea Alonzo’s character “Gelai” in the “Magkaribal” TV series. Actress Anne Curtis rode his 1960 Jaguar Mark II in “The Wedding.”
This author bumped into Bautista again just recently. And since it’s traditionally that time of the year again for wedding bells, I asked him for his tips for the suitable wedding car to use for this season.
1) Do not use convertibles. The temptation to bring the top down is so great, and when the unpredictable rains suddenly arrive, it’s disaster.
2) Always get a car with reliable air-conditioning. Makeup is easily ruined by sweat.
3) In relation to convertibles, make sure to get cars with high ground clearance. Bautista’s flood-proof cars include: A Hummer H2 (which is rented out at P12,000 for three hours, and P2,000 per hour in excess of the three hours); the ultra-stretch Lincoln Limousine with bar and tv (P14,000 for three hours, additional P2,000/hour for every excess); the Mercedes Benz Bugeye Limousine (P14,000 for three hours, plus P3,000 for every hour in excess) has its own bar and TV, DVD, sunroof, and intercom.
Bautista offers many more classy cars that won’t stall during heavy rains: A Mercedes Benz 300E Limousine; a 2011 Chrysler 300c; a 2009 Jaguar S-type and a 2008 Jaguar X-type; a 2008 BMW Alpina; a BMW 5 Series; a Bug Eye Benz with stock rims; a 1929 Cadillac; and a 1947 Jaguar Mark V.
4) Don’t fall easily for what you see online. Seek reputable bridal car companies. Go to trusted bridal cars services. In short, visit the actual offices of these wedding car rental services, and see the merchandise for yourself.
5) Book early so you’ll have plenty of cars to choose from.
6) Attend bridal fairs whenever possible to get discounts.
7) Provide your finalized wedding details as early as possible to avoid confusion.
Don Robert’s fleet is composed of over 50 units, from vintage cars to newer models. You can get in touch with him via (email or website or contact number).
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.