Features to check out in the 2020 Lexus RX
THE 2020 RX luxury SUV is now in the Philippines, with evolutionary changes marking out the model which helped Lexus establish the luxury crossover SUV segment in 1998.
In the Philippines the RX is Lexus’s best-selling model — 1,413 examples have been sold since its 2009 local debut. The launch of the new RX is seen to boost Lexus’s position in the country’s luxury commercial vehicle segment, especially with the introduction of the seven-seat RXL variant. Clearly, for Lexus, a lot rides on the RX.
Here are some of the items that ensure the model’s success:
- Third-row seats mean room for two more passengers. Or added luggage space if these are stowed. The seats, not the passengers.
- Second-row seats slide forward, adding legroom in the rearmost seats.
- A flat, gap-free luggage space in the back.
- Seatbacks that can fold separately in both the second and the third row allow for different luggage space configurations.
- Third-row seats are power-folding
- A more stable ride and a linear steering “feel” mean better handling.
- Connected technologies add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as touchscreen and touchpad options.
- Sculpted front and rear bumpers achieve a flowing integration of character lines from nose to tail.
- Muffler and the underbody shield accentuate the vehicle’s width, leading to a sporty, aggressive rear.
- The signature Lexus spindle grille adds modulation to the “L” pattern mesh and a new frame blends into the side of the front bumpers.
- Slender headlamps make the front fascia look sharper. L-shaped taillamp graphics still adorn the rear.
- Active Cornering Assist suppresses understeer when stepping on the throttle in mid-corner.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.